- 1 How do I get mechanic advice?
- 2 How do I find an honest mechanic?
- 3 How do I get car repair information?
- 4 What should you not say to a mechanic?
- 5 How do you talk to a mechanic?
- 6 How do I not get scammed by mechanics?
- 7 How do you know if a mechanic is trustworthy?
- 8 How do I find a good cheap mechanic?
- 9 How long does a mechanic have to fix your car?
- 10 Can you refuse to pay mechanics?
- 11 How can I get a free car repair manual?
- 12 Is it OK to tip your mechanic?
- 13 Do mechanics have to give you the old parts?
- 14 Can you call a mechanic to your house?
How do I get mechanic advice?
If you suspect something may be wrong, but haven’t received an alert from Hum, you can call the Mechanics Hotline for advice from an ASE-certified mechanic. Press the blue customer service button on the Hum Speaker or call (800) 711-5800 and ask to be connected to the Mechanics Hotline.
How do I find an honest mechanic?
How to Find a Good Mechanic
- Find Out Who Services the Big Business Fleets in Your Area.
- Search for a Good Mechanic Online.
- Choose Someone From the AAA-Approved Auto Repair Network.
- Look Up ASE and Manufacturer-Certified Shops.
- Check With the Better Business Bureau.
- Interview Your Prospective Mechanic.
- Start Small.
How do I get car repair information?
Access your vehicle’s recall information – Visit www.NHTSA.gov/recalls and enter the 17-character Vehicle Identification Number in the VIN lookup tool to review recall information for your vehicle, including important repair instructions. 2.
What should you not say to a mechanic?
I recommend vehicle owners shouldn’t say to their mechanics:
- ‘Just do what it needs. ‘ This can leave a vehicle owner open for a very expensive repair.
- ‘I don’t know anything about cars. ‘ While many people may feel this way, I never believe it.
How do you talk to a mechanic?
Follow these 5 tips for “talking shop” with your auto mechanic and get the most for your repair dollars.
- Tip #1: Find a mechanic you can trust.
- Tip #2: Communicate clearly and ask questions.
- Tip #3: Get an estimate in writing.
- Tip #4: Set realistic expectations.
- Tip #5: Let the mechanic do his job… but don’t go too far.
How do I not get scammed by mechanics?
Here’s our tips on avoiding a car mechanic scam.
- Recommend a Friend. While mechanics can be intimidating, most people can usually find one they trust.
- Ask for Proof. Don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Service Centers Tell All.
- Customer Satisfaction Policy.
- Record Keeping in Essential.
How do you know if a mechanic is trustworthy?
How to find a great car mechanic
- Find a shop for your brand of car. Many garages specialize in certain makes.
- Ask your family and friends.
- Search the Internet.
- Check for certification.
- Check the Better Business Bureau.
- Give the shop a tryout.
- Ask about warranties.
- Make sure the shop is convenient.
How do I find a good cheap mechanic?
How To Find The Best (And Most Affordable) Auto Mechanics
- Go local.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Look for reviews, or better…
- Don’t take it to the dealership after the warranty has expired.
- Hire yourself.
How long does a mechanic have to fix your car?
If it’s been a while since you have taken your car to the dealership for repair, you’re probably thinking, “how long can a dealership hold your car for repair?” Mostly, insurance and warranty require the car to be fixed within 15-20 days with a maximum of 30 days (cumulatively).
Can you refuse to pay mechanics?
Even if you are unsatisfied with the mechanic’s explanation of the difference between the estimate and the final charge, keep in mind that if you refuse to pay a repair bill — even a bill in dispute — the mechanic has the legal right to keep your car until you pay.
How can I get a free car repair manual?
How to get access to the FREE car repair manuals:
- Go to AutoZone.com.
- Create a free account.
- Add a vehicle* and access the repair manuals! On the left menu, you will see access.
Is it OK to tip your mechanic?
A $5 tip is considered a kind token. $20 could be given for great service or a more complicated job. Give a larger tip if you feel that your mechanic went above and beyond. If your mechanic followed through with exceptional service, consider offering them a tip that would cover a meal like lunch.
Do mechanics have to give you the old parts?
Top 10 most expensive mistakes in car repair When you have work done by a mechanic, always ask to have the old part placed in the box for the new part. It’s one way to help ensure the work was actually done. If you have a mechanic replace something on your car, make sure to ask for your old part back.
Can you call a mechanic to your house?
A Mobile Mechanic will usually come to your house or place of work with the parts, and the tools, they need to fix or service your car then and there. Alternatively they may come to collect your car, repair it at their garage and then return it to you.