- 1 What are the different types of car mechanics?
- 2 What are different types of service facilities for cars?
- 3 What are the 3 types of mechanics?
- 4 What are the three types of mechanic?
- 5 What are the major car services?
- 6 What is a basic service on a car?
- 7 What are six types of vehicle repair Organisations?
- 8 What is the best type of mechanic?
- 9 What type of mechanic makes the most money?
- 10 What is a car mechanic called?
- 11 What is the highest auto mechanic certification?
- 12 What is a general mechanic?
- 13 What are the positions in a mechanic shop?
What are the different types of car mechanics?
16 Different Types of Mechanics for All Types of Motorized Vehicles and Equipment
- Auto Mechanics.
- Aircraft Mechanics.
- Diesel Mechanics.
- Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Motorcycle Mechanic.
- Small Engine Mechanics.
- Boat Mechanics.
- Auto Body Mechanics.
What are different types of service facilities for cars?
Automotive service facilities include car washes, parking garages, rental agencies, gasoline stations, automobile service and repair shops, public transportation and emergency response vehicle storage / service areas, fleet storage/ service facilities, auto body shops, and parts suppliers.
What are the 3 types of mechanics?
Mechanics may be divided into three branches: statics, which deals with forces acting on and in a body at rest; kinematics, which describes the possible motions of a body or system of bodies; and kinetics, which attempts to explain or predict the motion that will occur in a given situation.
What are the three types of mechanic?
Here’s a list of twelve mechanic types and their job descriptions for you to consider:
- Diesel mechanic.
- General automotive mechanic.
- Brake and transmission technicians.
- Auto body mechanics.
- Race car mechanics.
- Service technicians.
- Auto glass mechanics.
- Heavy equipment mechanic.
What are the major car services?
- Engine check.
- Lights check.
- Spark plug replacement.
- Air-conditioner filter check.
- Brake fluid and brakes check.
- Coolant flush.
- Transmission service.
- Wheel alignment.
What is a basic service on a car?
A Basic Car Service Explained A basic car service is the entry level servicing package which is also known as interim service or a bronze service. Typically included in a basic car service is an oil change, oil filter change and an inspection of main components of the car.
What are six types of vehicle repair Organisations?
Trade and Support Organisations
- Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI)
- Scottish Motor Trade Association.
- Surface Engineering Association.
- Vehicle Builders and Repairers Association (VBRA)
What is the best type of mechanic?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.
What type of mechanic makes the most money?
The highest paid mechanic specialty is the repair of aircraft. On average, aircraft mechanics earned $64,090 per year in 2019, according to the BLS.
What is a car mechanic called?
An auto mechanic ( automotive technician in most of North America, light vehicle technician in British English, and motor mechanic in Australian English) is a mechanic with a variety of automobile makes or either in a specific area or in a specific make of automobile.
What is the highest auto mechanic certification?
ASE Certification The standard credential for automotive service technicians is certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). ASE certification identifies auto mechanics who can demonstrate the knowledge and skills to diagnose, service, and repair cars, light trucks, and SUVs.
What is a general mechanic?
General mechanics are responsible for diagnosing and fixing mechanical issues with equipment such as mowers, tractors, water pumps, compactors, salt spreader and saws. They perform tune-ups, weld equipment and other metals, and maintain files about their repair work. These workers must sand, repair and paint equipment.
What are the positions in a mechanic shop?
5 Types of Jobs in the Automotive Industry
- Tire / Lube Technician. Tire/ Lube Technicians (also known as general service technicians) touch the most vehicles in our busy shops.
- Automotive Technician / Master Mechanic.
- Service Manager.
- Sales Associate.
- Vehicle Inspector.