- 1 What do you do if your car CD player won’t work?
- 2 How much does it cost to fix a car CD player?
- 3 Can a car CD player be repaired?
- 4 What causes a car CD player to stop working?
- 5 How do I reset my car CD player?
- 6 How do I reset my CD player?
- 7 Does Best Buy repair car CD players?
- 8 How do I clean the CD player in my car?
- 9 How do you fix CD player that won’t read CDs?
- 10 What does Error 1 mean on a car CD player?
What do you do if your car CD player won’t work?
Press your CD player’s power and eject buttons down at the same time, holding them for about ten seconds. If your stereo has a “force eject” feature, it should spit out the CD. If this doesn’t work, start the car and try again. Some CD players may not function when the car is turned off.
How much does it cost to fix a car CD player?
What is the Cost of Repairing a Car CD Player? Assuming none of the do-it-yourself methods work for getting your car CD player functioning again you may need to head into a mechanic to get this job done. Getting your CD player fixed could cost you anywhere between about $150 to as much as $300.
Can a car CD player be repaired?
But most of the time a car CD player can be repaired easily with minimal fuss and hassle. Before spending a lot of money on a new unit, try these simple DIY repair tips to get your current CD player up and running again.
What causes a car CD player to stop working?
This is commonly caused by dirty or damaged tracks on the disc. Before assuming that the problem is with the player, test a few newer CDs and see if the skipping behavior continues. If it doesn’t, the the problem is the disc and you’ll need to look into cleaning or repairing the disc so that it can play normally again.
How do I reset my car CD player?
Hold the power and eject buttons simultaneously Most car audio systems have a reset feature of sorts for their CD drive. Start by turning your car on, and then turning it off. With the car off, hold the stereo power button and the eject button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
How do I reset my CD player?
How to reset the CD player.
- Unplug the power cord of the CD player from the AC wall outlet.
- Allow the CD player to set without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord of the CD player back into the AC wall outlet.
Does Best Buy repair car CD players?
Car cd player repair – Best Buy Support. Best Buy does not conduct repairs on factory CD player/audio systems.
How do I clean the CD player in my car?
Here are the three steps to cleaning the exterior casing of your cars CD player:
- Step One: Use a Brush To Remove Dirt.
- Step Two: Use Compressed Air to Get Rid of Smaller Dust Particles.
- Step Three: Use a Microfibre Towel and Interior Cleaner Spray.
- Step One: Buy a Cleaner Disk or Create Your Own.
How do you fix CD player that won’t read CDs?
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the CD player will not play a disc.
- Ensure the CD player is plugged into a working AC outlet.
- Turn on the CD player.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the disc.
- Attempt to play the disc.
- If the issue is not resolved, attempt to play a different commercially produced CD.
What does Error 1 mean on a car CD player?
When an “Error 1” appears on the LCD screen of a CD player, the fact that the disc tray will not exit the chassis will explain the meaning behind the code. To fix an “Error 1,” lubricate a part of the CD player that controls how the tray functions.